Whether you’re just burnt out on ground beef, or are having trouble finding it due to short supply, It never hurts to put a new recipe spin on an old favorite with this Salmon Burger. Not only is it delicious, but salmon is rich in antioxidants, protein, vitamins, and minerals. Get the ultimate, restaurant-worthy meal with our recipe below:
• 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless salmon
• 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
• 2 shallots, peeled and cut into chunks
• 1/2 cup coarse bread crumbs
• 1 tablespoon capers, drained
• Salt and black pepper
• 2 tablespoons butter or olive oil
• Lemon wedges
1. Cut the salmon into large chunks, and put about a quarter of it into a food processor, along with the mustard. Turn the machine on, and let it run until the mixture becomes pasty.
2. Add the shallots and the remaining salmon, and pulse the machine on and off until the fish is chopped and well combined with the puree. No piece should be larger than a 1/4 inch or so; be careful not to make the mixture too fine.
3. Scrape the mixture into a bowl, and by hand, stir in the bread crumbs, capers, and some salt and pepper. Shape into four burgers.
4. Place the butter or oil in a 12-inch non-stick skillet, and turn the heat to medium-high. When the butter foam subsides or the oil is hot, cook the burgers for 2 to 3 minutes a side, turning once.
5. Serve on a bed of greens or on buns or by themselves with lemon wedges.
King’s Cove Apartments in Kingwood, Texas is committed to making sure that our residents can live their best life! By taking advantage of our tips & tricks, we hope that you can easily maintain—and even improve— your normal routine.