Due to the novel coronavirus, Halloween 2020 may look different from the Halloweens of the past. However, just because it looks different, it doesn’t mean we shouldn’t have fun in safe, compliant ways. It may take some thinking outside-of-the-box, but it will be worth it when the weekend of Halloween rolls around, and you find yourself more in the spirit than ever before. You can get started on your mission for a more “normal” Halloween by decorating your apartment home, starting with these very cute, very seasonal Halloween Painted Jar Luminaries. Create spooky ghosts, vampires, and jack-o’-lanterns some Mason jars, bright paint, black marker, and a little bit of imagination!
Check it out below:
• Clean glass jars I used pint size Kerr jars, but Ball jars cost less
• Rubbing alcohol
• Acrylic craft paint
• Paintbrushes flat brush and liner brush
• Sharpie marker
• Krylon Triple Thick Crystal Clear Glaze
• Tea lights or LED tea lights
1. Prep the jars by washing them with soapy water and make sure they are rinsed well and do not have any soap residue. Next, give them a rinse with rubbing alcohol and let them air dry.
2. When the jars are dry, make sure your fingers are clean so as not to transfer any of your skin's oils to the glass, which can cause issues with the paint adhering.
3. Use a flat paintbrush to add one layer of acrylic craft paint on the outside of each jar. One layer is best as you want the candle-light to shine through!
4. You can create your own stencils using cardboard or a piece of paper/cardstock for the faces, or you can freehand the designs with a Sharpie.
5. Paint the facial features with black paint using a liner brush.
6. After this step, paint the jar rims with black paint. Then, let them all dry for about half an hour. Spray with glaze, waiting 20 minutes between coats. Let dry for several hours.
7. After they've dried for several hours, you can have some fun displaying them. Place regular tea lights inside the jars and use a long-handled lighter to light them. If you prefer, you can use LED tea lights, as well!
Optimize every aspect of your life with these interesting tips and ideas, courtesy of the professional team at King’s Cove Apartments in Kingwood, Texas.