Queso Fundido is an important culinary staple within the Mexican community. It’s often served in a hot iron or clay container, and once it comes out to your table bubbling or steaming, you enjoy it with warm corn or flour tortillas. Often made with Asadero, Mennonite, Manchego, or Chihuahua cheeses, this appetizer will curb your craving for everything savory, cheesy, and delicious. With this authentic recipe for Queso Fundido with Chorizo, you can enjoy a restaurant-worthy favorite right in the comfort of your apartment home. Take a look:
• 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
• 5 ounces of Mexican chorizo, with casings, removed
• 12 ounces of Monterey or Oaxaca cheese, grated
• 12 ounces tortilla chips
• 1 ½ cup of roasted salsa
• Your choice of corn or flour tortillas
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Place a skillet over medium heat, and add the oil if using. Then, add the chorizo to cook, stirring frequently for about 6-7 minutes.
2. Once cooked, remove the excess fat from the skillet or place the cooked chorizo over a paper towel to absorb the fat.
3. Place the chorizo in an ovenproof dish, setting aside 2 tablespoons for garnish.
4. Next, add the grated cheese over the chorizo and bake for about 10-12 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbling. Do not overcook, or your dish will have a chewy texture.
5. Remove from the oven and allow it to cool. Serve warm with salsa and plenty of tortillas for dipping.
Master the art of cooking by joining King’s Cove Apartments in Kingwood, Texas in learning brand-new recipes. Not only will you impress your family and friends, but you will also enjoy a wider repertoire of culinary favorites.