Times are stressful—everyone knows that. With coronavirus, we’ve had to change nearly everything about our daily lives and embrace a “new normal.” However, there is a mourning period associated with that loss, for it’s a big change in many areas in the lives of billions of people across the globe.
Since you may be experiencing a few bumps during this adjustment period, there’s nothing a good DIY project cannot fix, as many of us have come to learn. Better yet, a DIY project for a bath bomb will not only take your mind off the current situation, but it also results in your favorite guilty pleasure to help you unwind. Check out our recipe below, with a lot of ingredients you can find around your apartment.
• 2 1/2 tablespoons jojoba oil
• 1 1/2 teaspoons rose petal witch hazel
• 50 drops lavender essential oil
• 30 drops Roman chamomile essential oil
• 1 cup baking soda
• 1/2 cup citric acid
• 1/2 cup fine sea salt
• 1/2 cup arrowroot powder
• 1 tablespoon spirulina powder
• 1 teaspoon lavender buds
• 1 teaspoon chamomile buds
1. In a mixing bowl, mix the jojoba oil, witch hazel, and essential oils.
2. In a separate large mixing bowl, whisk together the baking soda, citric acid, sea salt, arrowroot, and spirulina powder. Break up any lumps with your fingers.
3. Slowly add the wet ingredients into the dry and mix with your hands until the liquid is evenly distributed — it should look like wet sand. Use a bath bomb mold or plastic fillable ornament to make the bombs.
4. Place 1/4 teaspoon of lavender buds into one half of the mold and 1/4 teaspoon of chamomile buds into the other half. Press the mixture firmly into each half of the mold then close the mold. Repeat the process until you have four bath bombs. Transfer the molds into the freezer for one hour to set.
5. Once frozen, remove from the molds and allow them to air-dry overnight before packing them up. Drop into a warm bath and enjoy a restful therapeutic escape.
Whether it’s money, pet care, or DIY tips, we have all the information you need right here at King’s Cove Apartments in Kingwood, Texas. We invite you to enhance your lifestyle with these helpful tips and suggestions!